Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Build a Line Challenge from B'Sue Boutiques Part Two! Showcasing Elisabeth Wilks of Wearable Art by Lizzie

Hi, we are here again with our second blog hop. The first blog hop is thankfully behind me and I feel a little less jittery on this one.



We have studied our designs and learned about different designers and time periods of great jewelry. The designers I like and am influenced by past and present are Erte', Alphonse Mucha, Lalique, Mariam Haskell, and Brenda Sue Lansdowne.
 I took a look at quite a few of my collages from my past work and observed that I have a definite bent toward the Victorian/Edwardian style of jewelry. Here are a few pictures to illustrate.


I also learned that I am in the hobbist camp at the moment. A hobbist is a person that is content with creating jewelry from pretty things that have been purchased or found, whenever the time or inclination is there. I do have some aspects of the maker in me, though, as I do need to sell my jewelry to be able to keep on pursuing my hobby. The maker is a person who creates a small line. Income from their creations is important. They go to shows and have plans to boost themselves into a greater level of work. These definitions were given to us by Brenda Sue as a help to figure out where we are headed.


Moving on to the exciting reveal of my first piece from my line  "Neo-Victorian"!



Here are a few pictures of the ideas of how my necklace was coming together.
This picture is of the first ideas that were coming into my head!


Here I am trying to figure out how the chain will come together.

I have decided where everything will sit and I have started the gluing process. 



It was great fun to put everything together and to end up really pleased with the outcome! Here are the pictures of the finished necklace.





Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to read my blog. Stay tuned for our last blog hop in April. Visit www.bsueboutiques.com to get "the good stuff," beautiful jewelry making supplies.


The Blog Hop starts here! Please go on to enjoy the rest of these wonderful and entertaining blogs from my classmates.
















































25 comments:

  1. You really captured the neo-Victorian style in your necklace. I'm impressed with your color choices and the flow of design, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a well written blog! I adore your first pieces, and love each piece you choose to layer with, and the rivoli. Stunning Lizzie! Looking forward to sharing the 3rd part of the class with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness only knows why you had the jitters! Your work is lovely, the blog is well written, you are "on-fire" Elizabeth! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blog! I love all the colors and pictures. Your work is beautiful! No reason at all to have the jitters! Can't wait to see your finished pieces and how they make up your jewelry line. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog Elizabeth. Your designs have come together beatifully and are gorgeous. Look forward to seeing your line on April 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I LOVE your reveal piece. It is gorgeous! I look forward to seeing the rest of your line soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really on your way, Elisabeth. I love how you are displaying your pieces on the stack of books. I don't often stage photos but I feel with your colors this is really effective. So glad you are in the class with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These neo-Victorian pieces are smashing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Blog and I love your pieces Elisabeth .. Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your necklace is absolutely beautiful and looks stunning perched on the books. Terrific job on it as well as your second post! I'm looking forward to seeing your new Victorian line come to life :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog! Enjoyed reading about your process! Your necklace is beautiful!!

    ~ Catherine S.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Stunning pieces. Thank you for sharing the process through you photographs. I am drooling over what I see already and can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your sparkly necklace, looking forward to seeing the rest of your line.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice blog post, Elizabeth! Your first necklace is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, lovely first piece to your line. I love the composition and the mixed metals. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love what you've done so far, can't wait to see the reveal next time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your designs and the way you combine the components. Can't wait to see your new line of jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved reading your post, Elizabeth, and your first piece in your line is stunning! I'm really looking forward to seeing all of the rest. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your first piece is lovely. I look forward to seeing where you take it with the rest of your line.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lizzie, you had me at the first glance of the lovely filigree you are using. Your embellishments put the punch in your neo-victorian pieces. The pendants are great teasers for what is soon to be revealed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Lizzie, I just love seeing your creations. You seem to have a good handle on the "Neo-Victorian" line. Waiting in anticipation to see the rest of your line.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are beautiful pieces and I love the pics you have with the black books in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This will be really exciting to see unfold. I love the mixed metal piece.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It was enjoyable that you shared a little of your creative process with us. Thank you. Your jewelry is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post and full of pictures. Enjoyed the thought process, beautiful Necklace.

    ReplyDelete